Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Economic stimulus payments.

PaulaB
Level 3

I have opened a few of my clients after their returns were filed wherein the software suggests an Amended return might be necessary to file because the taxpayer was not entitled to receive the unpaid amount claimed for the economic stimulus payments.  In at least one case the client absolutely did not receive any stimulus payments yet the tax software indicated the taxpayer was not entitled to any stimulus payments.  I directed him to open an individual taxpayer Account on the IRS site and seek a way to file a claim there.  How reliable are these suggestions from the software?  What remedy might there be?  I have alerted at least a couple other clients that they may not get the missing stimulus payments even though they appear to be eligible.  Does anyone have similar experiences?  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You mean this bogus message thats been happening since the middle of March?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
clr600
Level 8

Did they receive their original refund or a letter from IRS telling them the refund will be reduced

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You mean this bogus message thats been happening since the middle of March?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-2020-produce...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PaulaB
Level 3

In each instance the client did not receive any or only a portion of the stimulus payment they were entitled to receive.  Only a small percentage of my clients claimed to receive the Notices about the stimulus payments that they received.  Most do not remember receiving the Notices, although they probably did.

0 Cheers
PaulaB
Level 3

Thank you.  I did not see that message sent out in March.  Paula B

0 Cheers