Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-mail address

JSabCPA
Level 2

Why does the client e-mail now print in the signature area?  everybody says the IRS won't e-mail you.

How do I make it stop?

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont see any options to not have it print...maybe that option will come out in an update at some point.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
JSabCPA
Level 2

You're right, I haven't seen an option either.  Some clients are getting upset, "Why does IRS want this?"
Of course we don't know for sure what info is actually e-filed.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thats true, whether it's actually sent along with an efiled return, I have no idea.
I dont collect email addresses of my clients, so I havent noticed it, but sure seems like one of those things that should be optional to appear on the return itself.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

If you don't want it to print, Save the file, Delete the e-mail address, Print all your forms, Close the file BUT DO NOT SAVE.

Open file again.

You have to do the same thing when you e-file so the e-mail address is not there. You can save it elsewhere(like on the Client Status Sheet) so yo have it for next year.

Otherwise, just delete it forever, since you don't need it there anyway.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

It was a result of an update over a month ago. Intuit trying to fix one thing and creating another issue, which they do not care about correcting.

Now that Ohio has backed off the email requirement to e-file their returns, I'm just deleting them before I print. It's in my office client file if I need it.