Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e filing

JanB1
Level 2

trying to e file today, individual returns

says there's errors but when I review the returns there are no errors

?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
rgimena
Level 3

Same thing with me. I tried my first transmission today Feb 12, 11AM Pacific time, only the state (CA) tax return went through. The Federal return initially came back with transmit log stating "... selected return was not successfully converted for electronic filing..."   I went back to the federal return and confirmed there we no errors in Final Review, and then tried transmitting once more. It came back this time with the convert efile log stating"... preparer on this return has a PTIN that has not been verified..." Well, I checked my PTIN acct online and it says "active". So what's going on? Is this a Proseries or an IRS issue?

0 Cheers
Glossy847
Level 3

go to the preparer information screen, line for your PTIN number  there is a box to check to verify your PTIN

JanB1
Level 2

Thank you

0 Cheers
rgimena
Level 3

I'm using Proseries Basic Edition 2020 and the preparer information screen (Firm/Preparer Info box)  only has the EFIN field, no PTIN field.  The PTIN field (ERO/SSN /PTIN) is on the ERO Info box but there is no other box to verify PTIN.

Please help.

Thank you

0 Cheers
rgimena
Level 3

sorry, I found the PTIN verify box and my transmission went through. Thank you for your help.

0 Cheers