Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filing

Highlighted
Level 4

Did I miss the boat?  My Proseries gave me an alert a few days ago that E-Filing was down with the IRS temporarily.  According to my friends that use Ultra Tax, this isn't true, they continue to E-File without a problem. 

Did it go down and then back up and Proseries forgot to tell us?  Is Proseries not filing electronically for some reason.

What's the deal?  I've been holding my 8879 forms waiting for them to tell me the IRS opened again only to find out it never closed?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15

The boat left the harbor.  It was pretty much a one day glitch.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 4

So they announce that the IRS is closed until further notice, then don't announce that it's reopened?  Another poor quality job done.  So very disappointed in this software.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

I never saw any announcement that the IRS was closed until further notice. I saw this alert in the program and it shows as resolved.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-news-and-updates/discussion/irs-mef-outage/00/7874...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 8

The alert did say you could submit returns but there would be a delay in transmission to IRS.  The opening of EIP portal crashed IRS for a short time.

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Intuit never said you couldnt Efile returns, they just said IRS processing was temporarily down...it was back up within 8 or 10 hours.

Highlighted
Level 15

Here's a little tip: Never hold your breath waiting for Intuit to tell you something is fixed.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
I could have sworn I saw somewhere when they were back up and running...maybe it was an IRS email and not Intuit.

0 Cheers