Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-filing

Highlighted
Level 2
last updated ‎February 15, 2020 10:20 AM

On my first e-file of a 1040 this tax season the file converted but will not transmit.  No error messages.  My EFIN is active, per the IRS, and it has been approved by Intuit.  I called Technical Support, but they're closed, despite listing in the guide that on Saturdays they are open 7 to 3.

Anyone else having this problem? 

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Saturdays they open at 8am Pacific

pshours.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

I have had the same error with a S Corp return e-file but message such a task was cancelled. However I never did anything on my part.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

If rebooting your computer doesn't help, try calling support.  I think it is after 8:00 a.m. Pacific time now.  At least it is according to my ACME watch.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Proseries Basic apparently does the e-filing in two separate steps:  #1 convert, and then #2  transmit.   You have to take each step separately and wait between each step, if you are e-filing from the individual client's file.   

The program doesn't Convert and Transmit in one step (as it did before) unless you tell it to do so under the E-file menu/mode.  

(I had the same issue, and this is my best solution so far.)

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I'm having  the same problem Monday 2/17/20 5:11pm EST - file converted but will not transmit. 

0 Cheers