Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-filing an amended return from a paper return

lyndaj0331
Level 3

I have a new client for 2020.  While reviewing their 2019 return, I noticed errors.  I need to file amended 2019 returns for them.  She used a tax program and e-filed the 2019.  It will not let me e-file the amended saying that i can only e-file if the original was e-filed successfully.  Where do I tell the program that it was e-filed successfully.  I can't find where to input that information.  Or is it even possible.  I hate to mail it - they are so behind with the processing of paper returns. 

Also, does it appears that Maryland is not accepting e-filing of amended returns.  Is this correct?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

ProSeries will only allow you to e-file amended returns for which you filed the original return.  All others go by paper.

Fast food was too difficult. Collecting aluminum cans seems to be the right fit. Call me if you have any - 867-5309.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

ProSeries will only allow you to e-file amended returns for which you filed the original return.  All others go by paper.

Fast food was too difficult. Collecting aluminum cans seems to be the right fit. Call me if you have any - 867-5309.

View solution in original post

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Unfortunately YOU had to be the one to successfully Efile the original (using ProSeries) to be able tor you to Efile the amended.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
chasetax
Level 7

maryland is not allowing e-filed 502X--sorry paper for now

lyndaj0331
Level 3

Thank you!

0 Cheers