Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-filing an amended NC-D400

fred flintstone
Level 3

North Carolina Practitioners need to be able to efile many thousands of 2020 amended NC individual returns due to a law change that was passed after 10/15/2021.  We need ProSeries help on this right away. Can we get a work-around??? Please???

SOS!

10 Comments 10
fred flintstone
Level 3

This "forum" is disappointing to me.  I have never received or found an answer to any of my questions that I have ever asked or researched. 

How about some real Intuit support? Or a way to get to level one support, or software development...

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

I think you might provide more details for "due to a law change" and that will be helpful, because when you want help, it helps to ask for that helps with more details.

And you can edit your previous reply to remove rude comments, since your Peers don't get paid to be helpful here. It's like asking for help around the water cooler.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
sjrcpa
Level 15

Do you even know if NC allows it to be efiled?

Per their website: You can prepare a 2021 North Carolina Tax Amendment on eFile.com, however you cannot submit it electronically

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
fred flintstone
Level 3

After the filing deadline in November the state legislature decided to adopt IRS comformity with regard to the deductibility of expenses paid for with PPP loan proceeds.  Generally speaking nearly every 2020 return filed in NC, that had a PPP loan that was expected to be forgiven had to have an addition to federal AGI in the amount of the PPP loan.  Now these returns have to be amended due to the law being changed after the fact and retroactive to 1/1/2020.  I am a small firm and I have 43 returns amended ready to go.  There has to be many thousands of amended NC returns to be filed and if they can't be efiled the state dept of revenue is going to be swamped and unable to process paper returns in a timely manner.  We need to be able to efile these things.

0 Cheers
fred flintstone
Level 3

So edited.  I apologize.

qbteachmt
Level 15

"and if they can't be efiled the state dept of revenue is going to be swamped"

Clearly, they must realize this, since they are the entity controlling if it can be efiled.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
fred flintstone
Level 3

SJRCPA:

I see that on the efile.com website, but we are using ProSeries and this is an Intuit Proconnect forum.

I could not find what you are referencing on the actual NC DOR website. Or the DOR notice they published that deals with this issue, or the form instructions, or anywhere else.

0 Cheers
fred flintstone
Level 3

Proseries seems to think this is an e-fileable return because the option is available in the fed info screen to select NC amended,  but I can't make it go as a stand-alone state amended return. 

0 Cheers
Drew340
Level 3

Just got off a call with ProSeries support. They planned to fix 2020 NC amended e-filing but abandoned it before designing a fix.

0 Cheers
kap600
Level 2

Very disappointing to hear.

0 Cheers