Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-Filing a 2018 Form 1040 in Proseries now that I've chosen Proconnect Online for my 2019 tax season

Highlighted
last updated ‎January 14, 2020 3:16 PM

I used Proseries for my 2018 tax season filings and have one still that needs to be sent for e-file.  But since I have chosen Proconnect online for my 2019 tax season, when I attempt to file the 2018 form in Proseries, I'm getting a message saying I don't have a 'fast path license' for my software anymore and therefore cannot efile the 2018 tax return.   I don't understand how this can happen when I'm only trying to file a return in tax software which I've already paid for for the 2018 season and it's a 2018 tax return...  Please help!

Kelly

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Level 15

A few years ago Intuit "gave their users what they requested"  (at least that is the official line) when they created the fast path fee.  So now, if you quit using the software you are no longer able to print or e-file new returns.  Rather than trying to pay the fast path fee to Intuit, you might want to just file it using the online program.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 15

As the IRMN says, considering filing with PTO.  One credit will be deducted from your TY2019 balance for filing the TY2018 return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted

I have tried to update like instructed but it keeps saying that my fast path has expired how can that be when I paid for the program and a few days ago I could e file a 2018 return

0 Cheers