Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-FILE REJECTED

JOSE10892
Level 1

Receives a R0000-504-02, It has to do with social security numbers but I checked all of them and they are all right. What can I do to solve this issue?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youd need to view the entire rejection to know which dependent its referring to (highlight the client file, hit F12 and choose rejected Returns and print the report), but do any of the kids have double middle or double last names?  

Sometimes the name you have last isnt what IRS has a last and the name and SSN dont match.

Ask for the actual SS cards to tell which name is really "last", it will be on the second line of the SS Card.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Youd need to view the entire rejection to know which dependent its referring to (highlight the client file, hit F12 and choose rejected Returns and print the report), but do any of the kids have double middle or double last names?  

Sometimes the name you have last isnt what IRS has a last and the name and SSN dont match.

Ask for the actual SS cards to tell which name is really "last", it will be on the second line of the SS Card.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
JOSE10892
Level 1

Hi Lisa,

Thank you, I will try that.