Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File error for UCE income with tax withheld

HFINANCIAL
Level 3

Has anyone else experience a return with unemployment income / form 1099-G, the UCE of 10,200 and fed tax withheld on that 10,200...getting the message that the return cannot be e-filed? 

E-file error states "The tax amount withheld of $667 as shown on form 1040 is greater than or equal to the sum of income from the following sources:

Form 1040, line 1
Form 1040, line 2b
Form 1040, line 3b
Form 1040, line 4b
Form 1040, line 5b Form 1040, line
Form 1040, Schedule 1, line 7 Unemployment Compensation ($10,257)  **This is the issue for my client**  He had $667 withheld for federal taxes on UI income.

I have not seen this until today so I am not sure how to fix it. Thanks.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobKamman
Level 15

I have seen other references to that situation here, but I thought they were resolved.  As a workaround, does the taxpayer need the full exclusion?  What if you claim only a $9,000 exclusion?  Or maybe the system won't even allow that override.  

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
BobKamman
Level 15

I have seen other references to that situation here, but I thought they were resolved.  As a workaround, does the taxpayer need the full exclusion?  What if you claim only a $9,000 exclusion?  Or maybe the system won't even allow that override.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Or, instead of overriding, just enter an additional line item in other income to reduce or eliminate the exclusion so that you can e-file.  

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I have one this happens to with excludable wages per IRS Notice 2014-7, I just reduce the exclusion to leave $1 more than the withholding and then it Efiles.

So you could add back enough income to cover the W/H, wont make any tax difference, but will allow Efiling.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
HFINANCIAL
Level 3

Thanks!  Yes, the addition to other income UCE adjustment worked! TY! 

HFINANCIAL
Level 3

Thanks!  Yes, the addition to other income UCE adjustment byt exact amount worked!   TY! 

0 Cheers
Dqshamir1
Level 1

Is it possible to walk me through this ?

0 Cheers
Dqshamir1
Level 1

I’m having this same problem can you help me with it ?

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
if you read the post above, this is the only way I know of to avoid paper filing with this situation.

0 Cheers
AdrianEst88
Level 1

Hi, I somehow got to this page while looking up information on my taxes being rejected and how to fix it so I can meet today's efile deadline and avoid having to mail them in. I am not a Tax Professional/Preparer, I am in the same situation as the customer mentioned and filing my taxes myself on the efile website. From what I understood reading the replies is that I need to add extra income to eliminate the exclusion but I don't know where to add that, if someone sees my reply would you be so kind and help me with this? Pretty please?! Also by doing this fix to be able to efile, I will still get a refund on the taxes I paid on the $10,200 unemployment benefits right? This is my unemployment information, I received $11,196 in unemployment benefits, paid or had withheld $1,128 in federal taxes, and show my refund to be $2,328 because I never received the 1st stimulus check. I am from Texas and filing as single, incase that info helps. 

Thank you so SO much for your time and your help, hopefully someone sees this lol.

0 Cheers
AdrianEst88
Level 1

Testing.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

This forum is for tax professionals using Intuit's professional tax software.  We can't help with "how to" in other types of tax software, sorry.

You may want to visit the TurboTax Help site for DIY support, they may be able to help you.

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"and filing my taxes myself on the efile website."

If you are not using the ProSeries Program to prepare taxes, no one here, in a ProSeries Program user forum, can help. We are not using your program.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers