Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file date

LCNash
Level 1

Does anyone what date we can start e-filing 2020 returns?

Is it the same date for older returns? I have a couple of people who need to e-file 2019.

Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes - the floodgates will open on Feb 12 for current and eligible prior years.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes - the floodgates will open on Feb 12 for current and eligible prior years.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

for any eligible years, for some reason think thats only for 2020....2/12 for individuals, no matter which year 2018, 2019 or 2020.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Renata511
Level 1

Why are 2019 returns held up by Intuit?  CCH Tax is allowing 2019 returns to be processed now?  We have a client that needs to file for purchasing a house and all IRS centers are closed and so is Intuit as it seems 😞

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"We have a client that needs to file for purchasing a house and all IRS centers are closed and so is Intuit as it seems"

Where have they been for the last year?  Suddenly we are in a rush?

Slava Ukraini!
Renata511
Level 1

We don't judge clients we just serve them.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I judge when clients try to make their issues my issues.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

I bet that CCH is simply holding them until IRS reopens efiling on Feb 12.

Ex-AllStar
Renata511
Level 1

I'm not logging on to this website to debate the quality of our firms . . . all I know is when you spend over $7K on a software package is should work when you want it to.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

"should work when you want it to."

I think the IRS would tend to disagree with you on that when it comes to e-filing.

Slava Ukraini!
Renata511
Level 1

I'm sure that might be the case, however If Intuit would do that also I could at least print out the filing notification to give to our client.   And I wouldn't have to log on each day to see if Intuit is open.  Been with Intuit for over 19 years . . . just expected more after all these years.

0 Cheers
Renata511
Level 1

Gee Mr. IronMan . . .the IRS has nothing to do with my problem.  Why can CCH Tax accept 2019 tax filings where as Intuit can't?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

CCH is stacking a pile of returns in the corner of their office.  The returns have not been sent to the IRS so they are no closer to being accepted by the IRS than if they were sitting in your office.

Slava Ukraini!
Renata511
Level 1

Now you get it.  CCH is providing a "stacking service".  Intuit is leaving it on MY desk.  I'll just try again after 2/12

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

For what it’s worth, Intuit will start stacking on 1/28.

Slava Ukraini!
Renata511
Level 1

Thanks . .

0 Cheers