Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E file date PIN entered

Level 1

I am trying to e-file 2018 and 2017 tax returns. I entered the "Date PIN entered" as current year (6/10/2020) but was rejected for incorrect date. What does it mean that the date must be "current calendar year" . I tried back date too but didn't resolved the error.

Appreciate your input.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Both years are giving the same message?  I filed a 2018 return a few weeks ago and used the current date with no issues.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Level 1

Yes both years have same message. Thanks for replying

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I filed a 2017 return in mid April and no issues using the current 2020 date with it either.

My only suggestion would be to update the programs if you haven't recently....other than that, you may be stuck calling support.

0 Cheers
Level 1

I can't believe what just happened. Return was rejected when I used current date. Return was rejected again when I back dated. Then I posted my message. After reading your reply, I submitted again with current date and now it is accepted. This makes me a liar!!

Thank you

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its accepted! That's what counts!

dkh
Level 15

Not a liar.  A victim of the program.... or a long day.....  We get it.  😜

0 Cheers