Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-File Auth Forms

dascpa
Level 11

Why is it every year 20 clients just won't send back their Fed and state e-file auth forms? More babysitting, more nagging, more stress.  If I didn't have clients or employees I'd be very happy.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
every year!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't have the issue of not returning -------------------- not returning on time is another issue.  Every year they get the speech that they can wait until the last wagon train out of town to mail their payment for the balance due, but please return the 8879 as soon as possible so I don't have a mountain of returns to transmit on the deadline.  To top it off, they tend to think that having the 8879 postmarked by the due date somehow gets the form back to me timely.  I keep on threatening to say screw it and just transmit the return late, just to make a point.  But then again, I would have to deal with clients crying that the IRS wants them to pay penalties for late filing.  As someone used to say "I've got morons on my team".

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

I call the clients with balances due explaining I need 8879s to efile or there will be penalties and interest, etc etc      Like @IRonMaN ,  I don't want to have to deal with IRS notices.  Clients conveniently forget they were the cause for the late filing when the notices start arriving.

I don't call clients with refunds.  When they call to say - "hey I haven't received my refund" - I can say "hey, you didn't return the 8879s"      They don't forget the next year.

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh @dascpa @IRonMaN @Just-Lisa-Now- it is a good idea to mark the exact date, day, and time on the envelope when you receive it... Especially now with the postal delays... I believe we have three days to e-file the return upon receipt of the signed authorization forms... It is a good idea not to waste any time and to e-file it immediately if possible... Just my opinion.....

dkh
Level 15

@dascpa wrote:

If I didn't have clients or employees I'd be very happy.

going to take way more than that to make me happy.....something like this  beach time.jpg

IRonMaN
Level 15

@PATAX   I don't waste my time with marking dates and times.  My normal routine is to pile up the 8879s that arrive during the day and then transmit all of the returns that evening.  If the IRS has nothing better to do than come and visit me to compare the signature dates to the transmission dates, then CAGMC.  I have some clients that will sign the form in February and not mail it until April.  I have some that don't know what day it is and others that don't know what month it is and still a few others don't know what year it is.  Did I happen to mention that I have morons on my team?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
the majority of my clients dont even date the 8879

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪