Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-file attachment error

jkfmsi
Level 3

We are getting an "unable to e-file return due to "Other" as being the type of attachment".  This is happening on both forms 1120 and 1120S.  There may be others, but haven't ran across them yet.  Any idea if another update is coming to fix this?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

We released an update yesterday for the 1120 and 1120s forms to resolve the error “Entity Name This return cannot be filed electronically with PDF’s attached as type ‘Other’, the updated version number is 2019.9.0.1. Forms 1120 and 1120s should not get the error when attaching a PDF. Keep in mind, you cannot e-file if you select “Other” when attaching a PDF for any form so you must choose a type.

An update should be released this afternoon to address this issue with 1041 returns. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

14 Comments 14
Joeyd
Level 2

Experiencing the same problem. Error reported for attachment - says it can't be marked as other bur error shows up regardless of designation. Up against the wall with some client filings.

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Welcome to the Tax Pro Community! 

We've released an update that should resolve this issue. Please update your program. 

Cheers! 

0 Cheers
jkfmsi
Level 3

Which update? I have ran and installed updates four times since noon today.  None of which have fixed this error.  I also make sure updates run each morning before I get started. Is there a specific update that I'm somehow missing?

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Try refreshing your updates.
From within the program go to Updates -> Refresh Updates.
This option will ‘drain’ existing updates and force ProSeries to refresh its updates (based on installed tax products).

0 Cheers
jkfmsi
Level 3

I have also done this. Also did Windows updates then restarted my computer.  Just refreshed and installed updates again. Still not fixed here.

0 Cheers
mthorne
Level 2

I've had this problem too, refreshed updates 3 time throughout the day, still getting the error.

0 Cheers
Joeyd
Level 2

Still not working after running all updates several times today 2-22-20. when can we expect a fix for this?

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

We released an update yesterday for the 1120 and 1120s forms to resolve the error “Entity Name This return cannot be filed electronically with PDF’s attached as type ‘Other’, the updated version number is 2019.9.0.1. Forms 1120 and 1120s should not get the error when attaching a PDF. Keep in mind, you cannot e-file if you select “Other” when attaching a PDF for any form so you must choose a type.

An update should be released this afternoon to address this issue with 1041 returns. 

Joeyd
Level 2

Maybe just get rid of the other box option?

0 Cheers
mthorne
Level 2

Is this a ProSeries issue or an IRS issue.  In past years I've been able to attach files such as a 2553 or additional required statement, does the IRS no longer allow that?

jkfmsi
Level 3

I am wondering about attaching a 2553 as well.  We have not had trouble with "Other" items attached before this year. Please advise.

0 Cheers
mthorne
Level 2

This is not a solution, this is the absence of a solution.  Again, is this a ProSeries issue or an IRS issue.  Should we be looking for another program?

0 Cheers
jkfmsi
Level 3

I attached a 2553 to a return with "Other" as the file type.  I no longer have an error and will be e-filing soon.  I think they are wrong on saying that you cannot choose "Other" and e-file, but I do think one of their updates did fix the problem my firm was having.  Are you still having this issue?

0 Cheers
mthorne
Level 2

Thanks for the quick reply! I just did double check and it appears to be working now.

0 Cheers