Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

During prior years I imported the trial balance from Quickbooks. This year that choice is grayed out. Does any one know why?

TheodoreP
Level 1

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Dafydd
Employee
Employee

What version and year of QuickBooks do you have?  

0 Cheers
TheodoreP
Level 1

It is an older version 2010. However up until last year I had no problem Updating from Quickbooks.

Proseries support is telling me that this feature is not available yet and an update will be released some time soon.

0 Cheers
Dafydd
Employee
Employee

You can only use the same year version of QB with ProSeries, or 1 year more forward or behind.  
This article might be of interest:  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/trial-balance/help/updating-proseries-tax-return-with-quickb...

Note the part about:

• The import can only be done with a version of QuickBooks that is one year previous, one year later, or the same year as the ProSeries tax return.  
  • For example, ProSeries 2020 can only import from QuickBooks 2019, 2020 and 2021.
0 Cheers
TheodoreP
Level 1

Thank you so much for the information.

The interesting thing is that I have been using the same version of quick books for years and up until

last year with the 2020 proseries. I never had a problem before.

The other interesting thing is that when I open a business return on proseries the Import button is greyed out. That is what makes me think that the problem is with proseries.

When I called support, they told me that the update for Import is not ready yet!  

Thanx again.

0 Cheers