Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading 2016 proseries or migrating 2016 pro series from an old hard drive to a new hard drive.

Rpuffer
Level 1

I am unable to get 2016 to download to my new computer. it locks up and says it is unable to complete install and to restart and try again.  Any ideas on how to work this?

As an alternative, I have the 2016 on an old hard drive that is in my computer.  How can I migrate the program over to my new hard drive so I may access it.

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Are you logging into your Intuit account to download, or are you attempting to download using the Download Next Year's Product link in the 2015 program?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Rpuffer
Level 1

I was going online to try and download the program.    I guess I could try and install 2015 and then go in there to try and install the next years program.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
The only reason I asked is Ive had trouble downloading from the prior year program and had better luck downloading from my Intuit Account....but youre already doing that.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I feel like Ive seen people having trouble like you are, but I cant remember what the reason was and how to fix it.

@AshleyatIntuit  does this ring any bells for you?

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hi, so first and foremost, yes, you need to download the software to the new computer before you can bring in your clients, this is the download link to get it started: https://ftpfp.proseries.com/pub/proseries/2016/CoreInstallerTY16.exe if nothing happens when you try that, you may have your AV configured so that it's not allowing a new download to take place, or it deems this as at risk.  I would test rebooting in safemode with networking (with networking so you can connect to the internet) and seeing if the behavior changes.  Some AV software settings vary compared to another so i can't really advise how/why, and you may need local IT for that.  

As far as the link above which is also on My Account, it shouldn't vary between the "Download next years product" in the 2015 software, but it can impact users depending on what they are using and again, how AV is set up b/c they may have ProSeries excluded from real time scans, etc.

Hope that helps

0 Cheers
TaxLaw
Level 4

Thanks to our expert at most important time of tax session. I have a client being audited by Wisconsin state he must file 2007-2021. I have my professional programs 2013-2021. Please send the link to download 2007-2013. Thank You

Dr. Charles Hills

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@TaxLaw if you log into your Online Intuit Account (https://myproconnect.intuit.com/), and you dont see those Previous Years available to download, you'll need to contact Support and get whats available pushed to you.

I see all the way back to 2006 available for me to download, but I was a customer for all those years, if you weren't, Im not sure how far back they'll be able to give you.

0 Cheers