Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloaded the software and getting error message

dominique0926
Level 2

Hello,

Is there anyone that can help me?  I downloaded the Proseries 2019 software and I cannot get into it.  I keep getting a error message stating a firm administrator needs to grant me access.  This is kind of disappointing and frustrating I've waited over the phone on hold of 30 minutes to tell me I have to call back tomorrow.  Can anyone help?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

This is a network version, yes?

0 Cheers
dominique0926
Level 2

It's basically my own computer/laptop

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Maybe something in here will help...

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/manage-users-for-proseries/00/4963

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Ephesians3-14
Level 8

Basic or Professional product?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive seen others report the same thing even on a Stand Alone system, but I dont know the answer.

I think its something in your Intuit Account that isnt set right.  When I log in here   https://www.intuit.com/sign-in/   under Manage Users,  see this the screen below, but someone else with this same issue as you, said that there is nothing listed under Software Access, its just blank.  So I think that's where the issue lies, I just have no clue how to fix it

administrator.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
dominique0926
Level 2

Professional

0 Cheers
dominique0926
Level 2

Thanks!  I've downloaded Microsoft Edge and still having the same issue.  Were customer service able to fix it?

0 Cheers
Camp1040
Level 10

I had that happen a few years ago. My fix was to right click on the program file and select run as administrator. 

jo1
Level 4

I'm having similar issues.  Both Proseries and DMS.  I've been going to the programs and uninstalling the product, restarting my computer, then installing again.  that seems to fix it sometimes.

0 Cheers
enemsadze
Level 2

Same problem ! I have tried everything restarting,  updating , clearing cache, right click on software and "use as administrator".... nothing worked. I don't know what should  do I am on hold for customer service for more than an hour and seems like no one will pick up. Horrible service !!!!!!

0 Cheers
jamescpa1
Level 1

ve tried that with the '22 version of Proseries Pro standalone and will not work, just makes you log in again and you get the same error message. Honest to God I hate these people, totally convinced the programmers do this s**t on purpose.

0 Cheers