When I have basic open I can open all of the files from homebase with no problem. It's just when I try to open basic by double clicking on a file. I'm trying to open I file I saved on a flash drive from another computer.
When I downloaded professional, if I double clicked basic file it was opened by professional. I need to open the file from the flash drive in basic. So I uninstalled professional but now I get this "this file does not have an app..." message.
1. the file is a basic file that was created on computer 1
2. It was then saved onto a flash drive in order to transfer it to computer 2.
3. We only use basic but we had downloaded professional just to check out its features onto computer 2.
4. When we plugged in the flash drive to computer 2 with the basic file from computer 1 and tried to open it from the flash drive by double clicking it, it would automatically open professional
5. Also after installing professional, when we tried to open other files directly from the BasWin18 folder by double clicking them, they would open automatically in professional
6. Tried to fix it by uninstalling professional but now windows asks with what app we would like to open the files with when we double click them
7. We tried to change the file associations for the 18 files in the windows 10 settings by file type, but we get the message "this file does not have an app associated with it."