Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

double entry after update

SERIOUSLY PROSERIES? SO can you make software that is user friendly!!!!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE RETURNS PROCESSED with unemployment THAT I ALREADY ENTERED the EXCLUSION double entered it and now THEY ALL MUST BE AMENDED and I have to call every SINGLE CLIENT to inform them.  So software not smart enough to only enter the exclusion if it was  NOT listed?  Nope  WHAT A NIGHTMARE amid an already stressful and unique season,..  PLEASE make a solution to this issue and only list the exclusion if not present already!!!!!! How can you think this is a solution when it is creating DOUBLE WORK for anyone with half a brain who is intelligent enough to work through issue prior to some update.  UPDATE your user friendly software to see exclusion and not add again.  YOu can do it with NUmbers and names and addresses but not with this exclusion. I am more than frustrated I am crippled.  IRritated and hiding under my desk PLEASE HELP

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

You don't check the 8879 bottom line with the actual return before you transmit the return?  Or did the returns go out correctly and the system just updated after the fact?

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

I found that the States amount of UC Exclusion is Doubled (Added) back to the State Income. 

Hopefully returns filed before the update are okay.

TAXOH
Level 11

That's not the case for all states though.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you made a manual add back, then yes, once the update makes the add back as well, you'll have a double entry.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

I did a sweep of returns that I had completed after the first unemployment update by Intuit in order to back off the two scoops of exclusions.  Yesterday I did a second sweep of returns after Intuit updated my MN returns in order to back off the double add back there.  I'm thinking I am done sweeping for now, but I may need a new broom if this keeps up.

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Seriously?  You made a manual entry and expect the software to work around that? 

As was noted, did you actual file the tax returns with the double entry?  If so, that is on YOU, not the software.  YOU are responsible for ensuring the tax return is correct when you submit the e-file.

abctax55
Level 15

Seriously...  ???  Expecting the software to recognize a MANUAL override you did is a bit over the top.

And as Jeff asked, do you not compare the Efile Sig docs before pushing send?  It is the absolute last step in my office process of verifying a return is OK to go off into efile land.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dkh
Level 15

I'd let you borrow mine but then how will I travel ....

IRonMaN
Level 15

I wouldn't want to make you hitchhike 😁

Slava Ukraini!

Thanks for your feed back but actually there are a few  thoughts I have... When I file a return and the amount listed changes after the fact, that is not ON ME. Examples (at least so far this year) Lets say you are claiming Recovery Rebate for missing stimulus payment, double check all the facets and yep its good.  Upon filing the return the amount due or refunding is set, but wait the client received the EIP card what's that 2 days after filing,.  Yuck but when i re-open that return it claims Proseries detected a difference, what could it be? snarky it is that the system recognizes that EIP card was sent and rebate credit also claimed, creating a SNAFU.  Now they must send back cash in hand and assume the recovery rebate claimed is not delayed.) But any returns that went out before unenjoyment bill was passed also have changes listed in regards to UCE now entered on an already filed return.  But lastly and my personal favorite, with so many bits of info being able to red flag or cause a rejection, im just shocked that same thing occuring on returns I held on to to prevent the issue.  When filed the amount listed was correct as printed, provided and efiled.  Only after the fact when the already listed UCE is then AUTO populating to not just those been filed but also those going out door, I would think there could be a same tech into forbidding the presence of already listed info on a return. 

Even better it was when a client calls in after receiving a refund already that I realized the scope of this issue.  YES returns were filed with correct amounts listed and when opened now clearly indicate the double entry issue, yes 2 clients claimed recovery rebate on return and in same few days received payment or cards in mail, and yes the work around of listing the UCE on line 21 did not technically ever work since every one of those returns will need to be amended.  Not sure about returns from prior to bill passing also affected. In my State things are murky on those returns as well. Really as challenging as correcting these issues will be I am surprised that this bit of info wouldn't trigger a duplicate entry warning prior to processing. 

Solution I am not processing any more UNEnjOYMENT returns,  Its very strange that upon an update that the system knew the rebate was claimed and that payment also was sent(not activated). Real time information should be a 2 way street is all..... maybe in the future such Ideas can and will be implemented to increase effectiveness and productivity. Maybe not. 

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I think you may be confusing a program glitch that shows an error with RRC and what your clients received for EIPs.  

Please read the following it discusses the glitch with RRC in efiled returns  ProSeries 2020 Produces Message for E-filed Return... - Intuit Accountants Community

qbteachmt
Level 15

"but when i re-open that return it claims Proseries detected a difference, what could it be?"

It's an error statement given in error, as noted by ProSeries over a week ago.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.