Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't send California returns with unemployment! The adj for taxable UE since the new update is not correct! It effectively backs out the excluded $10,200 twice for CA.

CPAink
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

Dozens of threads on this issue.....check them out.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

I think preparers in California are smart enough to do that without being told!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive just been adding it back on Sch CA.

caaddback.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
vmtowers
Level 2

I am doing the same while software is not updated 

but not Efiling yet.

0 Cheers
MariaR
Level 3

I haven't been online in a couple days taking a little mini break while they update all this and looks like we still don't have a good update for those of us in CA (or any state for that matter who already excludes UE).

Are the programmers aware of the issue? Anybody have any insider info on when they plan to push through another update for this?

LenaCal
Level 2

I was doing the same (manually adding $10,200 back to Federal AGI) to make sure that CA calculations are correct.

How will we know when the ProSeries state updates, California in particular, are available? 

0 Cheers
necpa57
Level 1

Unfortunately I already filed a California return with unemployment. And when I filed it, the UCE was not added back in but now it is being added back in as other income. Fortunately (I guess), the return is being held by Intuit so hopefully it will be corrected.

0 Cheers