Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold time is Horrible for pro series. Tech support not helping properly

nbaxi
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can always try posting your issue here.  We are nicer than support anyway.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
22 Comments 22
IRonMaN
Level 15

You can always try posting your issue here.  We are nicer than support anyway.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
seems like a bitter poster. How about dont post your answer and we'll try to guess?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Well, I'm nicer than support, but I'm not so sure that nbaxi is.  All I can say is, enjoy the wait time :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
:laughing: Exactly....have fun waiting 2+ hours for a "sorry sir, we dont know...we only collect a paycheck".:laughing:
0 Cheers
mdaviscpa
Level 2
To [mention://451029 [mention://451029 @IRonMaN]]  and [mention://431521 [mention://431521 @garman22]] 's point, asking or looking for the answer here is taking me less time than 3 hours on hold, at least I'm dealing with likely long time users and practitioners with more knowledge than the support reps I've dealt with thus far. I am again reminded that once I get through to the answering service, the likelihood of them providing substantial support is equal to the square root of zero.

Like deja vu all over again I remember from last year what happens when you do get through to the telephone bank (these are receptionists, not tech support) after said 3 hour hold ... they don't know anything. They're chatting with the next level above them, so now we have "doesn't know anything" trying to communicate to "the brain" above them (loose interpretation of the facts) as to what the issue is. How we are doing on "lost in communication"?

The better support model would be direct software support that is quick, knowledgeable and effective rather than having to hunt for the answer.

There. I've said it. I hate to admit it, and I don't know if any of you are Trekkies, but I am Captain Jean-Luc Pikard ... I've been captured by the Borg and have now assimilated!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Resistance is futile. And @mdaviscpa "square root of zero"...... :laughing:
taxbiz2511
Level 2
I am truly tired of self service. Everyone wants to sit back, do nothing, and collect money  Everything has a recurring monthly fee. No one wants to talk to you. I think that if hold time exceeds 5 minutes, Proseries needs to hire more help. They are helping all the turbo tax free filers, so they can get their government grant money, and leaving their loyal customers hanging. Every year I have a list of things that drive me crazy, like having to enter the home address on the 5695 worksheet instead of just having a check box if it is the same as the mailing address. And every year, once I actually get a knowledgeable person on the line, I give them the entire list in hopes that it will make an impact. I've been on hold for an hour, but only have 15 minutes more before I have a client, so will pass the phone to one of the staff . I'm headed for their facebook page while I wait.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
"I give them the entire list in hopes that it will make an impact"

Well, you can always dream :sleeping:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
sheinz
Level 3
The wait time is unbelievable for supposed professional software.  There is an issue that's been going on for 3 years that they still haven't fixed and haven't responded to yet this year.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
If you're referring to the Wells Fargo import that you've asked about historically, that is now functional, I've just completed testing as well, and able to select 1099-DIV info from WF going through the MFA process that historically was not a capability in the platform in prior years.
sheinz
Level 3
I am still waiting on the Wells Fargo issue to be solved.  My client tried to download Wells Fargo's brokerage info - Div, Int, and B and was unable to download.  The client easily downloaded the TDAmeiritrade brokerage information at the same time.  ProSeries needs to provide a direct phone contact number with a knowledgeable tech to help resolve this matter.  The techs you get connected to after waiting over an hour have no idea how to resolve this.
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11
if you can't get it downloaded and they can't get it fixed you may try using intuit link portal and have your client drop a copy of the 1099 in the portal that you can attach to the return when you efile. Not as good but if it's a large statement you can make 4 consolidated entries instead of 400. fwiw, I've been using the intuitlink portal more this year and all reports from my clients is that it's very easy to use...
If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
@sheinz What happens when they try?  As mentioned the MFA process was the barrier previously but with that no longer a barrier i'm not sure i'm aware of any Wells Fargo outstanding issues.
0 Cheers
sheinz
Level 3
The client got further this time.  Got past the "not a robot", had to ask for a code, input the code, then got a message saying that if the form is available from the institution it can be entered manually and wasn't able to download into the software.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
ok, which form was that for the DIV, B, or Int?
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
And can they try to get in for the next one, so if the error appeared for the B, can we try DIV and see if the experience varies?
0 Cheers
sheinz
Level 3
They can't even get to the point to try to download any of the forms.  The most important one to download is the 1099-B as the trades are what take time to enter.  1099-Div and 1099-Int are easy to enter.
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
Probably most of the trades are covered. How long can it take to enter the totals for those? By this time I would have given up on the import; manually enter totals; get a paper copy of the stmt; scan it to pdf; attach what I needed to the return and be done.

Ex-AllStar
finetta0911
Level 1
Don't forget this year they added that nifty little tiny $19.99 Technology Fee per return to squeeze more money for their paycheck collecting call dropping so called support, which is just a small bi-product of their issue riddled software all stemming from how much leadership truly truly cares about quality. Genius greedy predatory anti-consumer practice 🙂 because with us paying more there should be less problematic issues, less support wait time and less software/network load times right? nah, these predatory billing practices are increasing within established industries to charge more but do the same or less. So why have a support that always needs to connect to someone else when it is most times faster to get your result from other paying clients in this forum community? Lol i found this post when trying to sign in and some random Captcha nonsense arbitrarily locked the account for over an hour, consistently 15mins per attempt without a properly loading Captcha. (I say random because the captcha appears once in a while, like once out of every 100 sign in attempts) Since i found this on Google without a log in requirement, here it is 🙂
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
still got that technology fee stuck in your craw huh finetta?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
juliehissong
Level 2

Exactly my experience today.  All while, and I'll use the term very loosely, the tech support individual had their kids screaming in the background.

0 Cheers
rtdoan
Level 1

hORRIBLE INFORATION.  yOU MAY HAVE A NIGHTMARE AND EXPERIENCE A HEART ATTACH BY FINDING TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT

0 Cheers