Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this happen to anyone else? Customer Service

Highlighted
Level 1

You pay so much for this tax program and can't get Help!!!  Call customer/technical support and after holding for almost 2 hours the representative mysteriously "can't hear you" so they hang up!! You try to call back, but coincidentally it was after hours!!  Not the first time this has happened!! This is ridiculous!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 1

Same thing just happened to me.  Was on hold and then finally when they picked up and the rep spoke and then said she couldn't hear me and hung up.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Try asking your question here.  You may be surprised how much faster you get the response you need and answer(s) that actually solve(s) your problem, except, of course, when it involves something that requires intervention from Intuit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 3

But I am not paying the people here to take time out of their day solving my issues with the software... for example.. estimates for 2020 not calculating using the correct rate for 1120-H filers. It is applying the 21% for regular corps and not the 30% rate for CIRAs

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

It's very thoughtful of you and that's also why many here spend time helping others on their own time because they know fellow tax pros need timely solutions that work.

Suggest that you open a new topic for the question you have.  Hopefully, someone with the experience will step in to help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

The service absolutely stinks.  Basically there is no service.  The recording tells you to go to the "Community" which is basically a bunch of people just like you who don't know anymore about your problem than you do.  I paid a lot for the program and I don't want to get my answer from some guy in Minnesota - I want to talk to a ProSeries expert on the program.

I switched over to ProSeries from Drake Software.  ProSeries, in my opinion, is a better program but it doesn't matter if they won't give you help - without waiting an hour!! When I would call Drake the phone was immediately answered and I could get an answer - even if they had to put me on hold and find out the answer.  I was never on the call from beginning to end for more than 10 minutes.

I am CFO of a large real estate holding company in Oklahoma City.  I switched to ProSeries at the urging of my Controller.  Yesterday, she came in and apologized to me for pushing ProSeries because she knows how frustrated I am with the level of support.

In any case, the customer is always right so eventually they will either get it together or I will leave.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@skutas1To be fair, poor support, yes but it is not true that this is "a bunch of people just like you who don't know anymore about your problem than you do".

Take a look at the number of cheers given and solutions marked (and these are already understated).  You have a lot of experienced users and accountants here who share technical and product knowledge that others have not yet acquired for various reasons.  It is not fair for you to make the generalization, however, frustrated you are with Intuit - for those who volunteer their time here and others who are new to the forum seeking help.

In your other post, you were trying to bill your clients.  Here, you are a CFO.  You could be both but it also means that you may not be doing tax full time (in addition to being a new user of PS) and there are many here who could share their experience to help you with product issues, even if you don't need assist with tax technical.

It is important that you give the full context when you ask questions.  You will most likely get quicker and better responses than calling Support.

Hope you can stay around and I'm sure you have valuable experience others could benefit from.

Still an AllStar