Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Proseries software support the Georgia Form 500-NOL

bporter
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Go to the help screen, choose, online help / form availability

0 Cheers
butler2474
Level 1

No it does not.  Many preparers and professionals have request that this form be added but no one is responding as to why not or if or to just get lost.

So, it's one of those forms you have to fill out by hand, fax to GA DOR, then they loose it (so make many copies) and they never respond to you either.

phyllis675
Level 1

I'm struggling with Georgia Form 500-NOL.  Does anyone have a sample copy of this form completed?  The instructions that came with the form are no good.  My client has rental income net operating loss carry forwards.  Georgia denied the loss and said form 500-NOL must be submitted.  I'm not sure if the numbers should be on the first page or second page.  Any assistance in completing this form would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers
kbcpa17
Level 1

I spoke with a revenue agent this morning that is one of the people that processes the 500 NOL form. I struggled with this form as well and the instructions are terrible. She told me that if you are carrying the loss forward then fill in the top part of page 1 down to "type of loss". You do not fill in the middle section unless you are carrying back losses. You also have to complete page 2.  You will need to fill out the form for each year that has a loss carry forward beginning with the 2015 tax year because that is when the rule changed.

I hope that ProSeries is seriously making an effort to get this form in the system because this should have already been addressed by them.

Good luck!

KDW
Level 2

Amen.  ProSeries really needs to get the GA 500-NOL form included and processed electronically.

Also, ProSeries MUST add many State Withholding Forms for partnership state returns.  It's killing me to type them by hand.  I have a 72 member return.