Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the MeF shutdown date of the 21st include the 5 days you have to resubmit rejections?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you Efile a return on the 21st, and its rejected, do you get 5 days to resubmit, or is the 21st they last day for efiling, no matter what?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
abctax55
Level 15

I *think* it's an absolute.  Once the IRS locks the door I don't think resubmitting would work.

But I don't know that for sure.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
sjrcpa
Level 15

I think so, too. Seems to me I have experienced this before.

Ex-AllStar
TAXOH
Level 11

I think so too.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Since nobody has been able to provide a definitive answer, I will - once it is shutoff, it is shutoff.  Of course, I don't know anything more than anyone else here, but someone had to be definitive.  Besides, I'm thinking the IRS does a better job of shutting the door than Intuit.  I tend to believe them when they say the door is closed, I'm going to assume they really mean it.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

You need the Intuit Scope Creep module, which includes a Disengagement Letter to clients advising them that if they can't get their act together by November 15 so you can file their return while allowing time for IRS deadlines, then they owe you an additional $100 for a draft copy of their return on paper and a map to their nearest H&R Block office.