Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know when ProSeries is going to update the payment of tax's to May 17th instead of April 15th on the state side of the program?

MzPope
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Yes, I'm sure somebody knows.  But that someone works for Intuit and they aren't talking.

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

There is a way that you can do it right now, have the tax return off your desk and out of your office, and the payment no longer your responsibility.

Print out the voucher and make the client write a check. Heck if you want to take on the liability and responsibility, they can even give you the check and leave you responsible for mailing it at the right time.

MzPope
Level 2

Thank you..figured as much.  For the price we pay for this software package, you would think they would be a bit more on their A game.  Very annoying.  Not that they would not cause other glitches when attempting to add new rules as seems to be the issue most times.  Thank you for your time. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There was an update this afternoon...have you checked after updating?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
MzPope
Level 2

I could do that or Intuit can get their act together and fix the software to accommodate the new deadline like they did last year. If they can do it for the IRS, I am sure they can do it for the state.  That is the whole point of auto withdrawals, so the clients does not forget or the state does not sit on unopened mail due to Covid.  It is just nuts that this has not been taken care of.  We pay good money for this software.  

MzPope
Level 2

No been working like a crazy person.  I will check right now.  Usually I get a pop up of an update. thank you...will check.

MzPope
Level 2

Nope, not in todays update...

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
bummer...the PTC update was in today's though!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Which state are you waiting on? I saw someone mention that they put 5/17 into CA and turned off the error checking at conversion and it was accepted by the state....which means the state is able to accept it, its just Intuit thats lagging behind....so that may work for your state as well.

0 Cheers
MzPope
Level 2

California, just did the update, no update to the portion of the software.

0 Cheers