The question was already asked with the answer below.
How do I generate the Section 1202 Exclusion on the Schedule D?
To generate the Section 1202 Exclusion:
- Navigate to Screen 17, Dispositions.
- Enter Description of the Property.
- Enter Date Acquired .
- Note: For the purpose of Section 1202 Exclusion this can not be a Various date or a date before August 10, 1993
- Enter Date Sold.
- Enter Cost or Basis.
- Enter Sales Price.
- Scroll down to the Schedule D section.
- Find the QSB Stock heading.
- Enter 1 = qualified small business stock, 2 = business located in empowerment zone.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Screen 17 refers to Lacerte, not ProSeries.
I really wish they would include which software the instructions refer to on those Knowledge Base articles! I always find Lacerte articles and struggle to find ProSeries instructions!