Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit - IRS notice that unable to locate bank account

nolanm
Level 4

Help please

Client gets notice from IRS (Fed) and voucher from MD state. Fed notice says unable to locate his bank account. Bank details are correct and boxes checked for auto-withdraw (and IRS tried).

Any similar issues? This is different from the processing delay that I have read on the forum where withdrawals delayed past expected date. 

I can get client to pay online. Can I cancel the auto-withdraw in case IRS tries to hit his account again and client double pays?

Thanks for any advice

Nolan

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
BobKamman
Level 15

Is it a bank, or a credit union?  I let my clients pay their taxes themselves, but for direct deposit of refunds there are occasional problems with credit unions. 

What does the IRS notice say?  "We're going to try again," or "make other arrangements" ? 

nolanm
Level 4

Thanks Bob

Its PNC bank. IRS notice says go to their website and e-pay. And suggests we contact the financial institution for clarification (PNC in this case) 

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

How long has it been PNC?  They bought out the US operations of that Spanish bank in November, and there may have been changes to routing and account numbers.   

0 Cheers
nolanm
Level 4

Good point Bob. I will get the client to call PNC tomorrow and verify that the routing number we used is correct. I would still like to try to get the ACH withdrawal instruction cancelled, and have him pay online. Will see if Intuit can do that tomorrow.

Regards Nolan 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
call the phone number on the 8879 to inquire or cancel a scheduled EFT payment

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
nolanm
Level 4

Thank you Lisa