Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Schedule 6 printing with form 1040?

erwin
Level 1

Occasionally, Schedule 6 is printing with form 1040.  There isn't a foreign address on the return, and the preparer is marked as the Third Party Designee in the info worksheet, but the box checked on Schedule 6 indicates there is no Third Party Designee.

Schedule 6 is not listed in the forms in use area either.

Easy to remove from printed pages, but the schedule will still be sent with the return when it is efiled.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

There are a lot of folks around here that would love to have extra pages print because they can't print what they need, so consider yourself lucky.  Have you tried going to the form and delete it?  If that doesn't help, you could try deleting the city portion of the address in the information worksheet and enter it again to see if that clears it up.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

There are a lot of folks around here that would love to have extra pages print because they can't print what they need, so consider yourself lucky.  Have you tried going to the form and delete it?  If that doesn't help, you could try deleting the city portion of the address in the information worksheet and enter it again to see if that clears it up.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
erwin
Level 1
I mentioned in my post that the extra page was not the issue.

I tried removing the form, but it still prints.   It is not in the Forms in Use section, so where would it be removed from?    Deleting the city and retyping did not help.   

Another coworker had this happen on a return this morning also.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Did this just start for you or has it been happening all along?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
erwin
Level 1
First noticed yesterday.   Happened on two returns that I know of today.

Tried printing to PDF on a client return prepared a couple weeks ago (no issue then).

Filing copy, Client copy and Preparer copy all included Form 1040 schedule 6.
0 Cheers