Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone else have problems with Pro series this tax season?

richj13
Level 2

In the beginning of the season, everything was working as years before. Early February, I started having problems with program closing. Some returns were lost during the shutdown. Also, after that, I started having problems with returns not showing up in the ef center tab.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

Knock on wood, but I had a relatively problem free year with ProSeries.  But the shutdown problem was an issue for a number of folks.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

@IRonMaN in addition to knocking on wood we need a rabbit's foot, a four-leaf clover, a horseshoe,  a spider's web, a crow, a barn star, a wishbone, a lady bug, and the evil eye.... did I miss anything?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I had some crashing issues in February until I got Windows 10 updated completely, after that I was good to go.      Its frustrating that Microsoft sends out so many updates right during the time that were installing tax software updates, I think the 2 things tend to do battle with each other...always make sure your version of Windows is up to date prior to updating your tax software....I turn off the ProSeries auto updater (Windows doesn't update until I tell it to either) so I have full control over what gets updated and when.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
S4Anderson
Level 2

Yes, this is the 1st year I struggled with Proseries throughout tax season and I've been using Proseries since 2005.  I would have a tax return completed and would try to access it prior to e-filing and would get the hour glass of death.  Nothing I could do would open those returns.  Had to delete and start over.  The update for the unemployment was a nightmare.  Automatically changed returns that had already been e-filed.  

John K
Level 2

We "lost" about 20 tax returns this year.  Finished and save a return, then when client sent back 8879, the program was "Unable to read the data"  Had to reenter the entire return from the copy that was saved in Smart Vault.  Now on top of that, ProSeries had a flaw in the software in calculating Recovery Rebate Credit for ineligible dependents.  Just talked to them about it and wasn't corrected until mid to late March.  Worst year ever for ProSeries and I've been using them for over 20 years.

PATAX
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- I agree with you Lisa... I am sick and tired of these Microsoft updates...

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

the program just rencelty updated to include the updated rules for MFJ with unemployment in a community property state...so that should make it fun for those of us in CP states!  Not sure if IRS will correct for this or not, but I'm not looking at these for amendments until next year!

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/unemployment-exclusion-update-for-married-taxpayers-living-in-a-commu...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
JRC
Level 8

Dang Lisa... Thanks for the Good News!!!

To think I thought we were finished....