Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did anyone else get a few odd clients showing up in their database around May 1 2020? I just noticed them and they all have Proseries email addresses & consecutive SSN.

karengn
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Accountant-Man
Level 13

I have plenty of odd clients, but no new ones showed up.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

In your Homebase EFCenter?   Odd clients meaning....?   Do you know these people?  

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Amazing Grace
Level 1

Yes in my Homebase. I had 5 clients show up.  All have proseries email addresses and the SSN's in the returns are one digit off each other.  The return is completely filled in as well. I could tell they weren't mine because the names were in upper and lower case. We always use ALL CAPS.  I though perhaps ProSeries had sent out some test-case returns or something like that.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I think these are evaluation sample returns....when I updated at home the other day, I saw it installing 1040 Evaluation something or other..I didnt pay much attention.....I didnt notice any additional client files, but I only had the EFCenter HB open.

Oddly enough, I updated here at the office today and didnt see anything about Evaluation 1040 and I dont have any of these odd clients in the Homebase.

@IntuitBettyJo  can you provide any info about this?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IntuitBettyJo
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa, 

I asked around and this is new.  If you are not licensed for the software, we put in some sample files for you and they will be present even after licensing. 

You are able to remove the files by going to File > Client File Maintenance and then selecting Delete. (Make sure the client file is highlighted first) 

I hope that clears up the confusion. 

Cheers! 
-Betty Jo