Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependents with ITIN number rejected by the state of Indiana

Rikrdo
Level 2

all dependents with ITIN number is being reject by the state of Indiana

does anybody have this issue ??.... the federal are being accepted but the states is rejecting them with this error code SDEP 001-01 .    " at least one Dependent SSN provided on the IN-DEP schedule has an invalid identification number"

that's  every tax return with a dependent with a ITIN.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Could their ITIN's have expired? 

Individual Income Tax Identification Numbers (ITINs) Expiring--All ITINs that have not been used on a federal income tax return in the last three years or ITINs issued before 2013 with the middle digits of 70, 71, 72, or 80 (9XX-70-XXXX) will expire on December 31, 2017. For more information visit the IRS website. ITINs are issued to taxpayers that do not qualify for a Social Security Number.

This comes from Indiana Dept of Rev website.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Could their ITIN's have expired? 

Individual Income Tax Identification Numbers (ITINs) Expiring--All ITINs that have not been used on a federal income tax return in the last three years or ITINs issued before 2013 with the middle digits of 70, 71, 72, or 80 (9XX-70-XXXX) will expire on December 31, 2017. For more information visit the IRS website. ITINs are issued to taxpayers that do not qualify for a Social Security Number.

This comes from Indiana Dept of Rev website.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
oh sorry.....you did state Federal accepted. Should've read better.
0 Cheers
Rikrdo
Level 2
they are not expired , some of them have been renewed last year.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Yeah, im sorry, @Rikrdo After I posted I noticed you mentioned Federal had accepted. I am at a loss. I would say its at the software level. @Ashley at Intuit (aka Henry Jr) should help you here. I wish you luck.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Hopefully more Indiana preparers speak up here for you.
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
Do you have more than 1 ITIN dependent on one tax return? Are both being rejected?
0 Cheers
Rikrdo
Level 2
yes , as long there is a ITIN is being rejected on the state, I  have some with only one ITIN , some with several and I have one with only one dependent with ITIN and 2 others with SSN  and rejected also
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

so the SDEP is calling out a dependent, and the numbers following are telling you the first dependent is the one w/ the invalid number, when you say "every return" how many is that?  Or is the same return being rejected multiple times?

0 Cheers
Rikrdo
Level 2
I have about 15 returns rejected only on the state, and I have checked and this returns  are all the only ones with dependents with ITIN numbers all others are being accepted on the state, this are also clients that I had previous years  with same dependents and no issues efiling them on the state.
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
Ok, this doesn't appear to be a widespread reported thing, as far as I can tell, but since I'm unable to see all details and troubleshooting is a little difficult, I would recommend a call to support to get a deeper session started to determine if there are any other variables impacting this rejection.  Our support team can be reached at 800-434-6818.
0 Cheers