Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dependent care credit -- sitter refuses to give SSN

ajp
Level 5

I know I can mark that the sitters wouldn't give their social security number, but I am curious if anyone has done this before.  Does it automatically "flag" the return?  My client would rather not claim the credit vs get his babysitter in trouble, and they used many sitters this past year.  None of them would be considered household employees.  Most of them are teens.  They all freaked out about the request for the social security number.  

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

There is a spot/box "refused"..........I normally dont push the issue if they love their sitter. But there is this option for you. 

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

There is a spot/box "refused"..........I normally dont push the issue if they love their sitter. But there is this option for you. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

I don't think teens enter into a babysitting contract expecting to file a tax return - that accounts for the freaking out part.  Most folks tend to worry more about finding good help rather than a tax deduction so I think most folks don't push the issue.

Slava Ukraini!