Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed NJ EFile Acceptance (Every Year)

Raj1
Level 4

May 18, 2021

Pro Series Professional

Of all the States, EFile Acceptance by NJ State takes the longest running into 2 or more days.  This delay causes anxiety in the clients and either delay in notifying them about the EFile acceptance or two-fold notification to the clients, first for the Fed EF Acceptance and again for NJ EFile acceptance   Just FYI.

Any thoughts / clarifications / updates / community members’ experience would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards.

Raj1

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If it happens every year, I guess you know what to expect. Tell worried clients if they didn't wait for the last few days before the deadline, they could sleep better.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

FWIW....Once the return has been submitted & you have the time/date stamp the return/extension has been filed.  Acceptance is a formality.  AND if the filing 'bounces', you have several days to perfect it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Raj1
Level 4

Update Based on Responses

May 20, 2021

Thanks for replies.

Yes, date stamp of our EFiling takes care of the date of our EF timing compliance, and in case of rejection, the original date stamp helps.  Also, status quo of something which needs to be fixed because that is what is expected to happen will not help anyone.

The main point is when a small State like Rhode Island and practically all other States confirm EFile acceptance within a few hours and no later than within one day, AND with the current state of technology resources and know-how and with EFile becoming mandatory, NJ taking 2 or more days for EFile acceptance confirmation needs to be expedited by the NJ State.

Also, I would be happy to volunteer to give my humble suggestion about this to the NJ State but before that I wanted to find out if someone from our friendly and caring Community has already done this and what was the response given by the NJ State.

Thanks once again.

Raj1

0 Cheers
Raj1
Level 4

Additional Notes

Good News: Beginning with 2020, US Treasury has reduced EFile Acceptance of the FBARs from 3 to 7 days to merely 2 to 3 days.  Thanks US Treasury!

The other good and very helpful news is even Pro Series has now started considering FBAR as a separate submission and does not create “duplicate SSN” issue for the client whose Tax Returns (TRs) are subsequently efiled after the EFile of FBAR or the vice versa.

I HOPE, Pro Series also ASAP SIMILARLY fixes the issue of “Duplicate SSN Error” for EFile of final Tax Returns subsequent to Efile of Extns of the same Tax Payer. (Note: For the sake of proper trail, many TRs preparers keep Extn as a separate item in the Pro Series data base and create a new file for final TRs for the same client rather than overwriting final TRs on the same Extn file.)

Raj 1

May 20, 2021

0 Cheers