Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed IRS acknowledgements prior years

cinmon428
Level 7

Yesterday (first day of efiling 2022) I filed 2022 and 2021 returns. The 2022 returns were acknowledged/accepted by IRS immediately. I am still waiting (24 hours plus) for IRS acknowledgements for several 2021 returns.(Still says "Sent to IRS.") This seems rather unusual. Is anybody else experiencing something similar?

0 Cheers
35 Comments 35
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
IRonMaN
Level 15

Patience grasshopper.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

it irks me but you are correct. unfortunately, I was not born with patience. 

Im sitting on the rest. 

Intuit and their lovely programmers......🙄

ljr
Level 8

I tested 1 yesterday - a 2021 efile I had sitting here waiting. This morning it said sent to IRS and NYS - no acceptance from either as of now. 

0 Cheers
grady1
Level 1

I filed 2 2021 returns yesterday and have not received anything as far as acceptance. 

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

@grady1 @ljr 

Thanks for chiming in. So, it seems there are quite a few of us. Interesting. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS can process X number of returns before their systems blow up.  So they have a choice - process returns that are current or returns that are late.  They evidently have chosen to go with the current returns and put the delinquent returns on the back burner.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I like that explanation!! Im going with it!! 

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

IMG_7885 (1).jpg

0 Cheers
Cpaeastlake
Level 1

My 2021 program said that the pin entered date had to be sometime in 2022.  I did this and efiled the return and they all came rejected because the IRS says the pin entered date has to be the current year of 2023.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

So, all three of mine were rejected due to a date other than current date. 

Im curious if others will get the same? 

I knew the bugs would be on PS' end. This is why I dont normally efile for the first week. See what I get when I break my rules?

BAD MIKEY!!!! 

Dave Kropp
Level 3

I filed 2 2020 1040s yesterday and they both went through. All 2021 returns rejected today. Issue is year of Primary Signature Date. Program is showing an error if you enter date in current calendar year but rejects the return if you use a date from 2022.

cinmon428
Level 7

I just received the same notification. I'm going to re-file with a 2023 date and bypass the checkpoints.

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

I used the current date and got a federal acceptance in about 4 minutes

cinmon428
Level 7

However, my other 2021 is taking much longer for acceptance, even with the 2023 date. (More than 4 minutes, that is.)

0 Cheers
cinmon428
Level 7

My other 2021 has now been accepted. Took 25 minutes after I changed the date.

0 Cheers
steve1218
Level 2

Having the same exact issue

0 Cheers
jflores4470
Level 2

I filed two 2021 returns and received error code IND-689-01 error in date must be in current year. When I enter in 2023 I am not allowed error message that it must be within the file period - 01/01/22 to 12/31/22.

Trying to call support busy for the past hour.

LeicaJonathan
0 Cheers
jflores4470
Level 2

What date did you use?  01/24/2023? 

LeicaJonathan
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Yes, put todays date and then disable error checking.....go ahead and refile and you should be good to go.

PATAX
Level 15

I talked to a colleague yesterday late afternoon. He uses Drake, and he said he efiled four returns, and all accepted ok by IRS.

Jimmy4
Level 2

Any word on a solution here? Do we just have to wait for proseries to fix this?

0 Cheers
Dave Kropp
Level 3

Turn off the error checking.

0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

I know that things happen and sometimes they are  done late but I have a hard time realizing how many 2021 tax returns that are just now getting filed.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

not so much completed as opposed to clients waiting until efile re-opened. Mine were done and sitting....

jflores4470
Level 2

Worked and resolved issue. 2021 tax return approved.

LeicaJonathan
0 Cheers
lisab
Level 1

Yes, I have 6 2021 submission with same issue plus others in co having same issue.  This is a glitch that needs to be fixed.  We have updated our programs several times.

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Look Above @lisab There is a workaround thats simple. It'll fix those pesky rejections. 

0 Cheers
lisab
Level 1

We used 2022 date as well. It still rejects.  Adding 2023 date does not allow us to submit.  Error Submission page says to bypass error but we don't know how to by-pass error

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

in EF center highlight your client and click efile/electronic filing/convert transmit returns and the pop up at bottom will be "enable conversion error checking" unclick and after putting in todays date, you'll be good to go

IRonMaN
Level 15

This isn’t exactly rocket science, I’m not sure why this seems to be so difficult for so many folks.

Slava Ukraini!
jflores4470
Level 2

Sir.  We don't deal with this on a daily basis.  But thank you for assisting to those who do need help. This is the first time for me, and I have filed prior year returns in the past and never had this issue.  As someone mentioned this will be resolved in the next week or so by Intuit.

LeicaJonathan
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

The problem is too many people get panicky and then either don’t read suggestions in full or else don’t take a minute or two to look around their computer screen to try and locate needed information.  We aren’t support, we are users just like you.  But we tend to spend an extra couple of minutes trying to figure things out before panic mode strikes us.

Slava Ukraini!
cinmon428
Level 7

This forum is far better than official "support." If you call "support," typically you will wait a while, if not longer, and your "supporter" will not even come close to giving you a helpful answer. That's my experience in general, it was my experience yesterday when I foolishly tried calling them, and I've been doing Proseries for the last 13 years. 

rcooley25
Level 11

I have received some replys that some people were simply late getting the information to their preparer and by the time they got it the efile was down for mainteneace. Has any one ever heard of the uspostal service? Sure the mail is slow brut if they had sent it thru the mail those tax returns would mostlikely been processed by now. Evwen with the IRS moving slower than molasses.