Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in releasing 1040NR since years

Proseries charge an extra amount for 1040NR through it is the series of 1040 returns but still it releases very late every year. This year also 1040NR release date is 02/18/2021. The other software companies do not charge an extra amount for 1040NR and also release it on time. 

We are fine to pay an extra amount for 1040NR but it should be released on time otherwise it isn't worth it. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

You aren't going to convince Intuit to change their ways by creating a post here.  If the release is a real issue for you, I would switch to one of those other software companies that you refer to.

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

Just out of curiosity, why do you keep buying it?  Is it better, or cheaper?  

I am familiar using the ProSeries as I have been using it since years and difficult to switch over to other software.  

0 Cheers

Is your answer resolution of my query/concern?  - You have not mentioned anything regarding delay in releasing 1040NR since years.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

Economists refer to this as "sticky markets."  Consumers don't always make decisions based on best value when they are not comfortable with making a change.  Your next phone is likely to be iOs or Android, not because you have researched the cost and benefits of both, but because that's what you now use.  

caj111
Level 4

Reviving this thread.  The 1040NR can't be filed until March 3 this year.  Are you kidding me? I am totally floored.  Was it this late last year? I don't remember it being that, or any other forms, being that late last year.  Of course, I don't file too many 1040NR forms but I did file a few last year and don't remember it being available so late.

Does anyone know if this is the case with other software programs out there? I may use another provider just for 1040NR forms, because I find March 3 to be obnoxiously late, particularly when the client is getting a large refund.

0 Cheers

Refresh your memory or else check with Proseries, from the last three years Proseries release and start e-file Form 1040NR late. You have a less 1040NR clients that's why you don't know the issue/pain or how difficult it is to convince to clients to wait for more than a month to e-file their return after the IRS starts e-filing.  

0 Cheers