Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The deceased spouse name (FDISPFName) is pulling in on the client letters. Spouse has been removed from the return. Where is this info coming from and how do I fix this?

Renee1107
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Take a look at section XII of the information worksheet.  Do you have the deceased spouse's name listed in the client letter information?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

Take a look at section XII of the information worksheet.  Do you have the deceased spouse's name listed in the client letter information?

Slava Ukraini!
Renee1107
Level 2
No, the deceased spouse's name is not in the return anywhere.  Somehow the Federal Insert Codes <FDISPFName> is still pulling this data to the engagement letter, but I can't figure out from where.  When I hover on the Spouse First Name it shows the Data Value of the spouse's first name.  I have to modify the engagement letter, but it would be nice if the name wasn't there.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
They were marked as deceased on the 2017 return?  May be some weird transfer glitch, have you already worked on it or can you delete and re-transfer?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Client's spouse died early 2018.  DoD entered in PS for 2017.  Carried forward properly to 2018.  Dead Spouse properly appears all over return, but not in cover letter.  Labels included dead spouse's name, which was weird
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
If they died in 2018 that's why the spouses name is appearing....they are still filing a joint return for 2018, no?   

Yes, Ive noticed my labels end up including the deceased spouse name...I try and pull those labels and handwrite those envelopes.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Renee1107
Level 2
Spouse died in July 2014 so 2014 (prepared in 2015) was final return with MFJ.  Deceased spouse's name has appeared on the letters every year since she was removed.
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
It has to be in the client data file somewhere.  I bet Ironman is right:  bottom of info form is client salutation
0 Cheers
Renee1107
Level 2
Definitely not in the Client Letter Information.  Spouse's first name salutation is blank
0 Cheers
Thebandit
Level 3

I know this is an old post, but I had this problem too.  The solution I found was replace the first name with a space, save it and go back and delete the space and it cleared out the field.

thisisannoying
Level 1

Has anybody figured out how to fix this issue with the deceased name still on letters and labels? 

0 Cheers