Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default file naming....is that an option in Basic?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I saw a post over in the Facebook PS group that someone using Basic says she has to name all her new clients, the default 4 letter 4 number auto naming wasnt happening in 2020....is this an option that you have to check to make happen?

@TaxGuyBill  youre familiar with Basic.    Is this an option, or does she have a bad install?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I just tested it in 2020 and it works as usual for me (using the 4 letter, 4 number method).

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@Just-Lisa-Now- wrote:

the default 4 letter 4 number auto naming

It has always done that before for me without selecting any options.  But I don't like that naming method, so I change the name of it.

I haven't done any new clients in 2020 yet, so I don't know if something has changed.

Or is the OP asking if it is possible to CREATE a different default naming method than the standard 4 letter, 4 number that ProSeries does?

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I just tested it in 2020 and it works as usual for me (using the 4 letter, 4 number method).

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

She wants the default naming, she doesnt want to have to name them herself.

I wish it didnt do the default names, Id prefer my own naming system...but Im too lazy to go in and rename everyone  LOL

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
ok, thats what I was checking...I think she was the same person that was having issues installing back in the beginning of January.

0 Cheers