Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet

MikeB_CPA
Level 5

It's probably my lack of understanding of the Deductible Home Mortgage Interest Worksheet or some other operator error, but it does not seem that the deductible and disallowed interest amounts are correctly calculating on this worksheet. 

I have numerous clients who have taken home equity loans, which are not grandfathered loans.  A good bit of the loan proceeds have been used to pay personal expenses, therefore, interest on the personal portion of the loans should not qualify as deductible mortgage interest.  I have yet to have a situation where any of the interest is considered not deductible when (I believe) it should not be deductible.  This worksheet has been enhanced since 2019, but I am skeptical of the 2020 results.  Any similar experiences or advice?  Thanks very much.

Mike

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I saw someone else mention that its not working for them either. I only have a few of these and have just done the math by hand.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪