Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduct SE Health Insurance for Partnership QBI

BBB
Level 1

Why isn't Proseries deducting SE Health Insurance in calculating Partnership QBI?  It is deducting it for Schedule C QBI calculation.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitCharlene

I did some digging into this and for the K-1's it would not automatically adjust for the Self Employed Health Insurance Deduction. The program assumes that this has already been taken into account on the K-1 through either Guaranteed Payments or Wages and would already be impacting QBI. If it has not already been taken into account on the K-1 then it Section D of the Schedule K-1 Worksheet you would need to make an adjustment to the amounts reported there. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IntuitCharlene

I did some digging into this and for the K-1's it would not automatically adjust for the Self Employed Health Insurance Deduction. The program assumes that this has already been taken into account on the K-1 through either Guaranteed Payments or Wages and would already be impacting QBI. If it has not already been taken into account on the K-1 then it Section D of the Schedule K-1 Worksheet you would need to make an adjustment to the amounts reported there. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
tonycpa
Level 3

Dear moderator,

Would you please put this in as a program modification recommendation to automate this process?

Manually entering adjustments in ProSeries is just plain trouble waiting to happen.

Mistakes are bound to happen.

I expect an exceptional program to highlight this potential error, and bring it to my attention whether or not to deduct SE Health Ins from QBI.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Tony

0 Cheers
tonycpa
Level 3

Dear moderator,

3/14/20 and still no clear instructions!

0 Cheers