Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dates on letters

clr600
Level 8
What’s New For 2019 ProSeries - Freezing Dates on Letters and Invoices

Product Feature

ProSeries is enabling the freezing of dates on the Client Letter and Invoice so that customers can keep the date on them tied to the e-filing date or date of their choice.

ProSeries Pro customers can now check a box on the Client Status worksheet to have the date frozen as of the date the e-filed return is accepted, OR a date of their choice. They can also use a Global Option that allows them to freeze the date for every e-filed return to the date the e-filed return is accepted.

This feature will be available in ProSeries Professional for Tax Year 2019

Not Working!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

10 Comments 10
IRonMaN
Level 15

Did you pay the $1 fee per return first?

Just kidding, but they say new for 2019 -------------------- they didn't say when 😬

Slava Ukraini!
clr600
Level 8

I thought it was .50 cents

IRonMaN
Level 15

50 cents for the federal and 50 cents for the state.

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 12

I don't get it. I send the returns with letters when I complete the returns, but that is rarely the same date as the e-filing date.

Does anyone still (improperly) e-file first and then send copies to the client for their "approval" and signature?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I was looking at it more in the case if you are printing copies from the program later -------------- like when the client calls saying he lost is copies three days after you gave them to him and now his bank needs copies.  I have always removed the date from the letter anyway so I'm not looking at this as the 8th wonder of the world.  Freezing the date on the return would be more meaningful to me.

Slava Ukraini!
Accountant-Man
Level 12

I get that too, more copies later, and if I have time I go back into the forms and override with the date of printing. 

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
trexlerwatson
Level 2

I cannot get this feature to work.  Is everyone having an issue with this or am I doing something wrong?

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

i can't even find the checkbox!!  Nevermind... I did!! woohoo!!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

well premature exhilaration strikes again!  I still can't get it to freeze dates!

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
IRonMaN
Level 15

Send me your computer.  I'll put in a snowbank here overnight ---------- that should do the trick.

Slava Ukraini!