Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data entry

lschmitt
Level 2

Why do we have to EVERY YEAR ENTER THE STATE ID NUMBER ON THE W2 ENTRY SHEET?!?!?  Please make this very basic entry CARRYOVER FROM YEAR TO YEAR!!!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
18 Replies 18
abctax55
Level 15

1)  STOP yelling at us volunteers.

2) It's a state by state requirement.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
IRonMaN
Level 15

Mine rollover.  

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
chasetax
Level 7

first - please do not use all caps - we know you are frustrated-yelling does not help

second- inside of a client, click on tools, at the bottom click on options,

half way up -sb employer/payer database -- left click

put a check 'use ein auto fill for w-2 and 1099

Terry53029
Level 11
Level 11

Mine always carries over the state and federal info. Am using ProSeries Pro

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I dont have to reenter the state ID each year, I only check a box to verify that its correct....you must be in a different state than I am and your state requires it.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 14

@Just-Lisa-Now- 

"you must be in a different state than I am and your state requires it."

He is in a STATE OF HIGH ANXIETY and he can't yell at WHAT HIS STATE REQUIRES INTUIT TO DO so he relieves his tension here.  

lschmitt
Level 2

I apologize for the outburst...this apparently needs to be directed to my state.  I can truly say that I have had it......for the week.......feels like a many cocktail evening.....;)

garman22
Level 12
Level 12

@lschmitt wrote:

I apologize for the outburst...this apparently needs to be directed to my state.  I can truly say that I have had it......for the week.......feels like a many cocktail evening.....;)

🍻🥃

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

@lschmitt wrote:

or you could eat a whole box of alcohol filled candy!  LOL

candy.jpg

abctax55
Level 15

I opened a good (as in expensive.. can only be obtained via belonging to their club, can't buy at any store...) bottle of chardonnay last night & drank half of it all by myself (hubby prefers red).

So, I can relate.

Former Chump..umm... AllStar...This message was typed from 6 feet away so you can safely read it immediately.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
RollTide68
Level 8

Alabama is one of those states that requires you to re-enter State tax ID as well as not allowing the software to transfer driver's license information from year to year.

I feel your pain!

RandyAZ
Level 3

AZ requires you to enter the # each year.

BobKamman
Level 14

My ProSeries Pro rolls over the number each year (for Arizona)  but requires checking a box that it is still correct.  

IRonMaN
Level 15

Looks like once you get past "A", the rest of the states get easier.

ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
Maxine
Level 4

Iowa also requires the information to be entered every year.  As well as the state ID#'s on w-2's, 1099R's etc.  I find myself occasionally mumbling blankety blank Iowa.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

maybe its the states that begin with vowels that are the troublemakers! 😄

IRonMaN
Level 15

@Maxine wrote:

Iowa also requires the information to be entered every year.  As well as the state ID#'s on w-2's, 1099R's etc.  I find myself occasionally mumbling blankety blank Iowa.

For years I mumbled that same thing during the college football season 🏈

abctax55
Level 15

'...during the college football season'

Just COLLEGE  football season <w>?