Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical error while initializing ProSeries. If you continue to see this message, please try reinstalling ProSeries or contact support for help.

klimli
Level 3

I was away for a week and in that time no one used my Windows PC where ProSeries has been since 2018.

I've already tried to reinstall, full reinstall (change ProWin21 with -old), turn off Antivirus, and made sure Windows updates were up to date.

Internet connection is fine as I can login here, all usual websites are fine.

Only thing I can think of is my EFIN because I had to re apply here with IRS letter so just did that and waiting to see that be actioned. But that shouldn't disallow the program to start loading, right?

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
there was a recent Win 11 update (in the past week), I wonder if when that happened something went screwy.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

No the EFIN shouldnt cause this.

@Intuit_hieu any suggestions where to go next with this problem?.

0 Cheers
klimli
Level 3

Just to add I did do 30 min with support level 1 but they insisted this can be caused by only 2 things:

1. Windows not updated (pending update)

2. Antivirus

During the call I turned off antivirus and made sure no pending updates for Windows.

I am running Windows 11 but have been since 2021 and thru tax season this year, however.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
there was a recent Win 11 update (in the past week), I wonder if when that happened something went screwy.

klimli
Level 3

Yes, the 22H2 Win 11 was the culprit.  I rolled back to earlier version and ProSeries 2021 and 2020 are functional again.

The update happened while I was away, but the PC was on autoupdate.

filonina
Level 1

Maybe you installed something and it gave you an error.

0 Cheers
smithbaha
Level 1

Looks like the errors occurred at the proconnect.intuit.com server which happens sometimes, I understand that it is very hard to control every error, so I would like to suggest a tool that can help fix all the website errors very quickly. I am speaking about the https://linko.app/. I used it for all my websites and it is a very useful thing, it checks your website for errors 24/7 and reports if something is wrong so you can fix it very rapidly.

0 Cheers