Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating & attaching pdf file of NC state return to SC state return

kmarrowood
Level 2

I have a Non resident North Carolina return and a South Carolina resident return I want to efile.  I need to attach the NC return to the SC return in order to do so.  How do I "create" a pdf file in my program and attach to the SC return? Thanks!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I usually just print it out and run it through my scanner and save as PDF .....but if Basic has a way to Print to a PDF file that should work just as well.

When you open the Print Return window, do you have a choice at the top to print to Printer or Print to File (PDF) ?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I usually just print it out and run it through my scanner and save as PDF .....but if Basic has a way to Print to a PDF file that should work just as well.

When you open the Print Return window, do you have a choice at the top to print to Printer or Print to File (PDF) ?

kmarrowood
Level 2

es i do have a create pdf button but when i click on it nothing happens! 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

It should send it to the ProPDF folder on your computer...use Windows File Explorer and see if it showed up in there.

kmarrowood
Level 2

I found it!  And was able to successfully transmit!  I also wrote down EXACTLY what I did so I will remember for next time! thanks!

AndyReynolds
Level 2

I did what was asked. from the client - I went to the top E-File Center\Attach PDF\selected and added the PDF,  and have it now showing in the SC return in Part V - as the proper E-File attachment in the launch attachment area, but I still get the error - Credit for Tax Paid to Other State to be attached. A PDF may be attached by going to the E-File tab in the menu and selecting the Attached PDF file option. (Which I did) Any solutions?

0 Cheers