Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing when printing invoice

Highlighted
Level 3

Is anyone else crashing when printing an invoice?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
20 Replies 20
Highlighted
Level 1

HAVE SAME PROBLEM

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Yes and I am very frustrated that proseries would send out an update that does this.  I can print my return to a pdf and print but I can't print my invoice or client letter.  Very frustrated and hope they fix this soon. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Same here!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I  am having the same problem since yesterday update....very frustrating!!!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

The phone support says it's a known issue and the engineers are working on a fix. 

The workaround is to print it to PDF and then print to your printer from there. 

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get this workaround to work yet. 

Waiting for a call back from ProSeries support. 

Coffee is life.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 4

Needless to say same problem

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Started having the same issue this morning. (there was a WIN10 update last night don't know if that had anything to do with it)

It happens when I print from the Invoice or Letter radio button on the bar menu.

If I try to print using the  "print selected forms" button then select Invoice or Letters it works fine for me.

Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Level 3

This does work for me. Thank you!

Coffee is life.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

This works for me.

Thank you Brother Jack!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Client Letter and Invoice don't show up on the list when I choose "Print Selected Forms."

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Chester  what is showing up when you select "print selected forms" button

First a client file should be open

while open , click the 5th icon from left on the top menu (print selected forms radio button)

there should be a list of choices to print in the middle of the pop up

1. select forms

2. whatever page you are on eg. info wks

3. invoice only

4 letter only

5 client presentation

select and go

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

Mine would tell me that no invoice was selected, but I did have one selected.

I just updated and it looks like it is fixed.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

And indeed it worked.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Brother Jack, yes a client file is open.  Indeed, the fifth icon is "print selected forms." 

I'm so used to then ticking "selected forms" and viewing the list of forms in use, I NEVER NOTICED the other options, "Invoice only," Letters only," and "Client Presentation."

We become such creatures of habit...  Thanks for pointing that out.

0 Cheers
Highlighted

Work around.  Go to file, print options, print with return, click on client invoice.  Prints with return or you can unmark the return to just print the invoice.

Highlighted
Level 2

I just downloaded an update - it's fixed.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Mine isn't crashing anymore after the last update, but when I click print invoice to pdf, it says it is being saved, but isn't there 😞

My workaround was to go into PRINT WITH RETURN setup and add the invoice to the client or preparer copy.

Then I open that file and print that page only to a separate pdf.

Is proseries going to give us a credit for our time? this is basic stuff that needs to work. I've used intuit software for year and never had this kind of basic issue with printing an invoice, which we NEED

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

I  have just been trying to find workarounds and haven't tried the way I used to do it lately.  I will try the latest update.  Thanks.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

taxesrita, are you sure the .pdf isn't being created?  If you have .pdf's saved to other than the default directory, I have found that every time there's an update it's reset to the default.

I haven't had any trouble since the update of a week ago or so.

0 Cheers