Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crash, Unable to read data, Random crazy errors, Disappearing files.....

abby
Level 3

Anyone else having MAJOR problems with the software? It crashes multiple times a day, randomly hides client files, other files are inaccessible (some say unable to read data, some just won't open). I'm re-doing tax returns at an unprecedented rate. Sometimes Proseries tells me I'm in a foreign country, and while I'm enjoying my imaginary vacations in Italy, I've had enough. I've spent 6 days and a total of about 14 hours with tech support, tried every solution known to man. This is insane and unacceptable behavior for my $10,000 software. Someone has to have an answer.

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Postdot
Level 3

Have to reopen the program after every filing a return.  Just shuts down.

AliceTP
Level 2

Same thing happens to me too. Now it's crashing right when I'm in the middle of actually efiling.

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Abby I sympathize with you ... This is absolutely the wrong time of the year for these kinds of problems to be occurring... Let us hope that the the necessary updates and Corrections are made soon....Backup your data all the time and keep your fingers crossed and maybe even pray a little... Just my opinion

0 Cheers