Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CP80 from IRS

wmtsang
Level 3

Anybody experienced lots of CP80 is issued by  IRS for non filing 2019 taxes, although we had EFILE confirmation?

Few of my clients are getting it. When we called IRS, they said they do not have it.

We have Efile Submission ID as well.

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
the clients never got their 2019 refunds either?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
qbteachmt
Level 15

You have "few" clients or a few clients getting this? A few means there are some. Few means almost none. It's relative, of course.

You can read this: "I have had at least four clients in the past week receive letters that make no sense in reference to their 2019 taxes."

Here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/can-i-re-e-file-a-tax-r...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Yes it has been a monstrous mess this year with these nonsense notices from the IRS... Just had a client call today for Highway heavy use tax which she takes care of, return was filed ,payment cleared , and she still got a notice that they're going to put a lien on her bank account for non-payment... This is a five-star client that doesn't owe anybody anything and always pays on time... I'm getting sick and tired of all these notices, they are paid by the taxpayers and if they can't do their job then they need to terminate these people and get new employees... No more covid-19 excuses or lack of money excuses or anything else...

BobKamman
Level 15

Covid and budget cuts are not excuses, they are facts of modern life. When Ford and GM close down plants because of chip shortages, are you going to fire those workers also? When the military retreats from civil wars in Asia, are you going to fire the troops and hire new ones?

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I knew you were going to have something to say... I don't give a crap about GM or Ford... The IRS employees are paid with our tax dollars and if they can't do the job they should be fired...

BobKamman
Level 15

The problem is the non-IRS employees who aren't hired because our tax dollars are being spent on everything else.  You are like the farmer who to save money fed his horse a little bit less hay every day -- it was working well, until the dang horse died.  

BobKamman
Level 15

For those who missed Commissioner Rettig's op-ed yesterday in the Washington Post, here is a small part of it:

"IRS workforce is the same size as in 1970, though the population has grown by 60 percent and the complexity of the economy has increased exponentially. And [critics] ignore the ever-growing set of responsibilities — such as the distribution of pandemic-related stimulus payments — that the IRS is required to carry out.

"The status quo is untenable: It’s frustrating to taxpayers, it’s frustrating to our employees and it’s frustrating to me. Today, we have fewer than 15,000 people to handle more than 240 million calls received in the first half of this year alone. We have fewer auditors than at any time since World War II. Dozens of the assistance centers across the country that provide face-to-face service sit empty because we don’t have the resources to hire staff. Many of these are located in vulnerable, underserved areas, which I passionately believe need help."

If the article is behind a paywall, send me a private message and I'll "gift" the link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/11/11/irs-commissioner-we-desperately-need-resources-so...