Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I noticed that none of the state information is populating on the organizer. Support stated it wouldn't until the state software is ready for download. Is that true?

stacy
Level 1

Does information such as the resident state, county, school district, etc. normally show up on the organizer for ProSeries?  2019 will be my second year using the software, so it's the first time I have used their organizer.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbynaker
Level 13

I've never found the state page of the organizer to be useful at all.  You're better off making your own state page to include.  Fortunately there's not much in VA but I do have to ask about use tax and sometimes run into 529 plan contributions.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I don't use organizers but I wouldn't be surprised if the state info didn't flow properly until the state programs have been installed, not sure when they are scheduled to be available.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
ONE more reason to just chill for a while regarding organizers.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
rbynaker
Level 13

I've never found the state page of the organizer to be useful at all.  You're better off making your own state page to include.  Fortunately there's not much in VA but I do have to ask about use tax and sometimes run into 529 plan contributions.

0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9
In Virginia, my clients sometimes have long term care insurance deduction. Also, a W-2 under $15K of employees of Virginia Military Institute (=state employees)... that is not taxable in Virginia!
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

I force print the state page with every Organizer even though there is nothing pro-forma'ed on it.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Correct.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.