Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Estimated Tax Payments aren't transferred to following year?

PatP3005
Level 3

It appears to me that estimated tax payments set up for automatic withdrawal through ProSeries don't transfer any kind of information about that to the following year. Is that correct?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Correct, they don't transfer.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Correct, they don't transfer.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'll double that correct.  Setting up estimates doesn't guarantee that they actually were paid.  The client could have closed that bank account during the year, or the client could have cancelled the scheduled payments, or a meteor could have flattened the bank.  You need to confirm with the client that the payments actually were pulled out of the account ----------- the software is good, but not good enough to know if the payments actually cleared the bank.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
PatP3005
Level 3
All of that is correct of course. But something transferring to the following year would at least be a nudge to follow up on it. My bad for assuming it would. I'll have to set something up outside the software.
0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12
There is no mechanical nudge, but when I prepare a current year's return, even without any assistance by the client, I always look at least year's file and see if we told them to pay estimates. Then I can question them.
0 Cheers