Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correct answer for question 32 on due diligence

keith1400
Level 2

correct answer for question 32 on due diligence when my answer to question 8 is no

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dkh
Level 15

Then your answer to #32 would be N/A

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
TAXOH
Level 11

Correct answer for line 32 of due diligence doesn't matter because the IRS never sees it since it is a worksheet and they never see it.

Correct answer for line 8 of 8867 is N/A if there really is no Schedule C.

If this isn't what you're asking please clarify.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well at least we have moved on from the abode questions we had starting the season 😀

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

LOL Exactly!!

keith1400
Level 2

The question on  # 8 is can child be a qualifying child for anyone else. Answer was no.

Then question 32 ask if your answer to question 8 was yes did you explain the tie break rules yes no or does not appy? but my anser to question 8 was no.

keith1400
Level 2

The question on  # 8 of the paid preparer due dilgence worksheet ctc/actc/odc / is can child be a qualifying child for anyone else. Answer was no.

Then question 32 ask if your answer to question 8 was yes did you explain the tie break rules yes no or does not apply? but my answer to question 8 was no.

TAXOH
Level 11

line 8 on form 8867 can be yes, no or NA.  Any of those answers are fine.

I am not seeing a line 32 on the 8867 or the due diligence worksheet, where are you seeing a line 32 at?

keith1400
Level 2

Line 32 is where you click on 8867 to the right there are 4 or 5 qucik zoom tabs  i click on seconfd ctc/actc/odc and go to question 8 then question 32

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Then your answer to #32 would be N/A

TAXOH
Level 11

I'm sorry, I can't explain it to you so you are understanding me.  Maybe someone else will be able to help you.

IRonMaN
Level 15

So 32 is a backwards 23 --------- maybe that's why the age old question of "what does under 23 mean" popped into my head. 🤔

Slava Ukraini!
TAXOH
Level 11

OMG!!! Easy explanation.  Thanks for figuring it out!  😃

TAXOH
Level 11

Thanks for the better explanation.  I couldn't get it right.  😊