Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corona virus

Greta
Level 9

Are other accountants limiting face-to-face meetings with clients? I had never used organizers in the past, but now I wish I had, I'd like to limit clientele coming into the office.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ironmom
Level 3

We are sanitizing after each client. Limiting contact by spreading out appointments and keeping social distance.  I too hope the IRS comes up with a plan for this as I am not confident my client's will stay away if they are ill.

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I'm letting my clients decide.   I Lysol the clients area and doorknobs after each one and only have 1 pen available for them to use and encourage them to take the pen with them and put a new one out for the next client!

One client yesterday brought me a full size bottle of hand sanitizer, the gift that shows you care!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive got this posted on the wall, just for informational purposes.

89475576_10157875934806698_3939504558358659072_n.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
abctax55
Level 15

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/practice-advice/discussion/re-tax-appointments-during-covid-...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
BobKamman
Level 15

If it's on the office wall, it's too late.  Post it on the door, then lock it.

Hand sanitizer is 60% alcohol.  The gift that shows they care doesn't have to be more than 80 proof.  

taxesbymetjr
Level 3

Think the IRS needs to decide what we are doing as far as extending..If everyone is shutting down for 14 days to let this run it's course, we should tell clients to drop off , or reschedule..What are your thoughts on this...Most clients now are travel banned and working from home..

0 Cheers
ironmom
Level 3

We are sanitizing after each client. Limiting contact by spreading out appointments and keeping social distance.  I too hope the IRS comes up with a plan for this as I am not confident my client's will stay away if they are ill.

dascpa
Level 11

I have a sofa in my office so I figure I can be quarantined there and still work.  Only thing is showering.  But if no clients to visit, maybe a new type of look (and smell) for me.

I'm treating this as work as usual.  It's been such a late season anyways with investment houses getting their forms out late that I still have 40% of my 1040's not yet in.  It may be a good year to thin the herd of clients I've been meaning to do every year.  Besides, who needs to make money anyways........

DTNY07
Level 7

I haven't seen a client in person since 3/17/20.  I don't ever want to see one in person again 🙂

Greta
Level 9

I have been so much more productive not seeing clients in person. They look at it as a social hour to catch up on life, and I do like most of them, just am too short of time to offer companionship or commiserate with a recent health issue or even tragedy. I intend to continue this more efficient method next year: "Drop off your tax data, organized, any time M-F, 10-4 "(I shortened my hours from 9-5), and I follow up by phone or email. No need to make appointments. I now need minimal staff help.

DTNY07
Level 7

My office is in the same building as my apartment  (also have a shore house, but don't work when we are out there).  Separate unit, not a home office.  My wife is the only person who works with me.  So besides the reasons you said, it's also, I don't have to get dressed up anymore.  Used to "look the part" on the days clients came in (I would see them 3 of the 6 days we are open this time of year) and then the other three days, just wear shorts and a T-shirt since I didn't have to leave the building.  My wife still does make phone appointments, rather than in person.  Find it easier than calling them whenever and then they are not there, etc.  But, if that works for you, then that's great 

0 Cheers